Solidia takes a giant step that leaves a small footprint.
Solidia’s broad global adoption would:
a. lower concrete’s carbon footprint by up to 70% - equal to 1.5 gigatonnes per year, or 4% of global CO2 emissions;
b. dramatically reduce water usage in concrete manfacturing, saving up to 3 trillion liters of freshwater a year, enough to fill one million Olympic swimming pools;
c. reduce cement plant energy consumption by approximately 260 million oil barrels, or 67 million tonnes of coal;
d. avoid almost 100 million tonnes of concrete in landfills; and,
e. cut mercury, nitrogen oxide, and sulphur oxide emissions in half.
Solidia also creates value for CO2, turning it from global issue to valuable commodity. Over a 5-year period, Solidia’s need for CO2 will more than double the existing market for CO2.
Specific Benefits of Solidia Concrete for Manufacturers
- It leverages the same manufacturing, process, equipment, and raw materials.
- It is adaptable to existing production lines.
- It doesn’t consume water, instead curing with CO2.
- It saves time - Solidia Concrete cures in a single day as opposed to the 28 days required for OPC to reach full strength.
- It performs better and is more durable than traditional concrete.
- It offers a broader, more vibrant color palette.
- It enables just-in-time production and delivery.
- 28-day strength in 24 hours.
- No primary efflorescence.
- Increased durability.
- Its lighter color makes it a perfect replacement for white cement.
- Wider, more durable color palette.
- Rapid (24-hour vs. 28-day), intelligent curing.
- Greater color and quality consistency.
- Reduced inventory requirement (due to faster cure time).
- Almost 100% green material waste recycle.
Solidia offers turnkey solutions by aligning the cement, CO2, and equipment partners,
easily integrating its technologies into existing business practices.